WHO CAN ATTEND
Business, civic, and religious leaders, each nominated by a Bureau employee or a previous Academy graduate. You must be at least 21 years old (with no prior felony convictions) and must live and work in the area covered by the Indiana field office sponsoring the academy. Please note: Because classified techniques used in criminal and national security cases are discussed, nominees must undergo a background check and get an interim security clearance. Each session has around 20-30 students.
Special Agents in Charge of the Indiana field office, their senior managers and senior agent experts.
To apply, please contact FBI Community Outreach Specialist, Kathryn Sipes.
Indianapolis (September 17, 2019 – October 22, 2019)
Classes generally are made up of eight weekly sessions of 3 hours each at the Indianapolis FBI Office, plus one Saturday session at the FBI Firearms Training Facility. We also have classes in Fort Wayne and Merrillville.
- FBI History and Jurisdiction
- Partnerships with State, Local and other Federal Law Enforcement Agencies
- Domestic and International Terrorism
- National Foreign Intelligence and Espionage
- Cyber Crime
- Public Corruption and Civil Rights
- Organized Crime and Violent Crime
- White Collar Crime
- Deadly Force Policy and Firearms Participation
- Evidence Response Team and Bomb Technicians
- Applicants and Recruiting